Instructional Skills Course
This course provides a comprehensive foundation of knowledge, skills and attitude for new Trainers/Instructors in session planning, preparation and delivery of training or instruction.
This course is aimed at those people wishing to acquire skills that will enable them to prepare and deliver training objectives based on the needs of business or customer requirements and also to select, develop and structure appropriate training content.
1. Delegates must have a minimum International English Language Testing System (IELTS) certification of 5.5
2. Delegates are required to produce a pre-developed self-selected 15 minute micro-teach lesson in preparation for course.
BAES SDT offers two programme options:
1. TVT-001a: 3 weeks – achieves full course aim for delegates (25-contact hour’s p/w).
2. TVT-001b: 5 days – refresher / re-currency for experienced delegates.
This course caters for a minimum of 4 to a maximum of 12 delegates.
Course Programme Summary of Content:
1. Delivery of a self-developed 15 minute micro-teach lesson
2. Effective communication skills and the learning process
3. Presentation and delivery skills
4. The selection and use of training aids
5. Introduction to the Systems Approach to Training (SAT)
6. Questioning techniques
7. Course documentation
8. Setting training objectives
9. Skills lesson planning
10. Development and delivery of a 15 minute assessed lesson
Delegates will be assessed throughout the programme to determine acceptable levels of understanding through practical application.
The final assessment will consist of the delegate delivering a videoed 15 minute lesson, capturing and demonstrating all the skills acquired during the course.
Award on Completion:
Certificate of Achievement endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).