Human Factors & Error Management
This course provides delegates with the initial overview of Human Factors principles specific to aviation maintenance and to optimise the relationship between people and systems with a view to improving performance and the safety culture. This meets the requirements for Part 145.a.30.
This course is suitable for all aviation professionals who require a practical overview of Human Factors and Error Management along with the associated regulatory requirements.
Delegates must have a minimum International English Language Testing System (IELTS) certification of 4.5
This course caters for a minimum of 4 to a maximum of 12 delegates.
Course Programme Summary of Content:
1. Introduction to Human Factors and Regulatory Requirements.
2. Human Performance and Limitations
3. Factors affecting Human Performance
4. Human Error in Aviation Maintenance
5. Organisational Issues and Understanding Blame
6. Organisational Factors in Aviation Maintenance
7. Maintenance Error Management Systems
8. An introduction to Safety Management Systems
Implementation of formative assessment throughout the course to establish transfer of learning.
Award on Completion:
BAES SDT Certificate of Completion.